Sunday, May 4, 2014

May the 4th Be With You



I'm super excited to be a part of this sale! 

Budget in the Real World is a great activity to use with upper elementary. It teaches the importance of a good education and how that will lead to a job that you will hopefully enjoy and will allow you to support a family. Many of our students have a skewed idea of just how much money it takes to support a family. Use this activity to help them grasp the concept a little more. 


Many schools are now requiring the use of Data Walls to track students progress. I found that showcasing this information on my bulletin board was the easiest way for me to do this. I created my Data Wall pack to help me with this. I have labels for DIBELS, Acuity, Star Reading, Early Star, Star Math, Math Facts, AR and more. If you need additional labels I can always make those for you. Just let me know. This is my chevron themed Data Wall but I also have a Super Hero themed. If you'd like another theme let me know. I will gladly add it to my store. 


I am embracing a Super Hero themed classroom next year and I have created may products to go with this. I'm hopeful that my students will love these Reading Strategy posters. Struggling readers often forget steps and these posters are intended to help them remember. Show the posters during your mini lessons while you model using the strategy. You may be shocked how many students don't yet know these strategies. 



Every year I find myself in need of additional school supplies. I never have enough. In the past I have always had parents ask at Open House if I needed something and I wold say the usual: pencils, erasers, glue, etc. But then I realized I was forgetting things like White Out Tape and Clorox wipes.  I took the idea of a Giving Tree and made a  Giving Cage to match my bird themed classroom. My parents loved it and I found myself not needing supplies this year! I also have a super hero themed available. 


Check the sales out tomorrow and happy shopping! 



No comments:

Post a Comment