Thursday, July 16, 2015

Wonder Twins - Unite.

You can follow Tracy at her new blog: The Knit Wit Teacher



I am a twin. Did you know that? I have a fraternal twin sister. She has blue eyes. I have brown. She's athletic. I can't walk and drink from a cup at the same time. She's spatial. I get frustrated by Tangrams. We are night and day different. 

Growing up I always heard how twins ran in the family but it always skipped a generation. I remember thinking it would be neat for one of my children to have twins. 

While engaged my doctor told me it would be very hard for me to get pregnant. I was crushed. I'd always wanted kids. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was pregnant almost immediately after trying to start a family. In 2004 our oldest son Colin was born. In 2006 we added our daughter Leah. We tried for several months to get pregnant again and had really accepted that it may never happen. 

Then in 2009 we found out I was pregnant again. I was shocked to say the least. I had accepted I would only have 2 children and was ready to move on. I waited the acceptable time and went to the doctor where they wanted to confirm the heartbeat. My mom went with me along with Nick. Nick was leaving after the appointment to go to a textbook adoption meeting so my mom was driving me back home. 

The doctor came in to find the heartbeat and couldn't. I feared I had lost the baby. The doctor wanted to do an ultrasound to see what was going on. We moved down the hall and waited a few minutes for the doctor to begin. A few moments later the doctor found the heartbeat and I finally started to relax. The doctor kept checking things out and then said "Well that's funny, the baby just flipped. Oh, wait a minute.......the baby didn't flip. You are having twins!

I went from fearing I had lost my baby to finding out I was having 2!

My husband turned to me. Patted me on the head. Said "Good job" and left the room. To say he was in shock was an understatement. 

I remember telling the doctor I couldn't be having twins that I was a twin. She just laughed and said that doesn't matter. She was pretty sure I was having identical twins because of only 1 placenta. 



At 34 weeks my baby boys arrived. 


Owyn weighed 5 lbs 5.9 oz. Gavin weighted 4 lbs. 13 oz. They were rushed off to the NICU where they would spend the next 3 weeks. 

They were indeed identical. We left their hospital bracelets on for WEEKS! We were so worried we would mix them up. Luckily for us Owyn has always weighed about 2 lbs more. This has made it easy to tell the boys apart. 
Can you guess who is Owyn? 

Once I was comfortable enough to leave the house with 4 kids ages 5 and under the fun times began. The questions from complete strangers were ridiculous. 


When asked if they were identical I would say "Yes". This was often followed up by "So 1 boy and 1 girl." I simply shook my head and explained that no, it meant they were the same.

But really they aren't the same. They are 2 unique individuals. They may have the same DNA but they are not the same. 

They are both cute. 

They are mischievous. 

They are curious about the world around them. 



They love Mario. 

But they have different personalities. This picture captures that perfectly. 

We never refer to O&G as "The Twins". For their last birthday Owyn wanted cupcakes but Gavin wanted brownies so we had both. They get different gifts. 

We want them to have their special twin bond but we want them to be unique too. 

Why? 

Because my sister and I were always "The Twins". We were never invited to friends without the other one being asked along. We shared cakes. We shared gifts. We were Tracy and Stacy. Our teachers always compared us. I loved school. My sister didn't. 

This caused a major rift with us later on during Middle School and High School. We were always compared to each other and that really bothered us. 

When I found out I was having twins. I didn't want them to grow up being compared. 

I know that's not realistic. But I want to help them be their own person. If they grow up and want to play separate sports we will let them. If they want to pursue separate paths we will encourage them. Identical twins are the same...but they aren't the same. 

It's hard to separate them into 2 unique people for most people. Twins are becoming more common but still a novelty and people are curious about them. I understand that. 

But I know how it feels to always be compared. My sister was an amazing basketball player growing up. I just wanted to be left alone to read. My dream was to become a member of The Babysitter's Club. She wanted to be a builder. We were so different but our teachers and parents wanted us to be the same. 

It was frustrating. 

So now that I'm raising twins, I want to celebrate that they are identical. I want them to have a special bond. I also want them to grow up and know they are unique and that it's okay to have different friends, play different sports, have different likes and dislikes. 



  Owyn is an enjoy the moment kind of guy. Gavin has become a bit OCD. 

In Gavin's world everything must match and line up. Owyn is not like that at all. But some see them as identical and think they must have the same ability. That's not true. 

It's okay to be your own person and not be molded into someone that isn't you. 

Being a twin and raising twins has been a neat experience. 


I wouldn't have it any other way. I love all 4 of my children. Twins simply add a whole level of crazy. 

If you find yourself with twins in your classroom this year or even a twin, try not to compare them. Especially if they are fraternal. 

Growing up a fraternal twin I've come to believe that fraternal means siblings born at the same time. Would you treat sisters that were 3 years apart the same? Probably not. 

-Tracy



19 comments:

  1. Your boys are just precious. I had the wonderful experience of teaching two sets of twins this year. One set boy/girl and one set girls...not identical. I absolutely loved spending time with them and watching how they learned things differently and how they interacted with one another in the class. It was interesting to me to see how different they were, yet so much alike. We had 11 sets of twins in Kindergarten this year at my school. Our local newspaper did a big write up on all the sets of twins at are school. It was quite fascinating!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ◾PROTOCOL SHIELDERS◾
      HELLO,

      I am COREY RODRIGUEZ by name,
      the only GENERAL CEO of protocol-cyber-shield-hackers.
      In this message, we will explain how you can almost avoid SCAMMERS and stay safe, plus how our organization works.

      Read it carefully!!
      Its reading will not take more than 10mins.

      We kindly URGE you to not respond without have read the entire text. Those who mail without have read everything, ask questions that are answered here!!

      ⚠️WARNING:

      MOST HACKERS YOU SEE HERE ARE FAKES
      AND SIMULTANEOUSLY INCONGRUOUS !!.
      It tears US up as we have received bitter emails of Jobs attempts proposals from most clients with hacking issues but never got it done and lost a lot in the process,
      EXAMPLES OF LOSSES ARE:
      ➡️BINARY FUNDS,
      ➡️INVESTMENTS,
      ➡️LARGE SCALE FUNDS,
      ➡️PROPERTIES,
      ➡️STONES(JEWELRIES) etc....

      all scammed by uncertified and fake hackers SIMPLY TERMED as "IMPERSONATION" like most you see here,
      which is disappointingly inadequate,
      leaving their mess for us to deal with eventually (WE DON'T MEAN TO BRAG ABOUT THAT).

      SCAMMERS DON'T SHOW MERCY ON THEIR VICTIMS!
      BY THE TIME YOU KNOW IT,YOU'VE GONE TOO DEEP BEING RIPPED OFF THROUGH DIVERSE TRICKY MEANS,PLEASE BE WISE ENOUGH TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ARTICLE AS YOU READ THROUGH IT.
      HOW CAN YOU BE CAREFUL??

      You won't know until you fall Victim ,but can be attentive to potential danger, error or harm if you take note of these:

      1, you see uncertified email accounts carrying numberings like
      "iamhacklord1232@(gmail,yahoo or hotmailDOTcom"
      pls flee from them, BIG SCAMMERS.
      They take your money and never do your job!!

      2, you see posts like "do you need to spy on spouse?"
      All fake!
      just a way to lure you toward getting ripped OFF!.

      3, posting fake testimonies and comments to trick you into feeling save and secured.
      Pls endeavour to ignore!!

      🛑NOTE: beware as we urge you not to make respond to any "IVAN HONG,PETER SANTOS,MONICA HART...(impersonating with our post pretending to work for us)
      WE ONLY HAVE 2 EMAILS WHICH ARE LISTED BELOW THIS ARTICLE TO ATTEND TO YOU VARIOUS MANNER OF CYBER MISHAPS.

      ◾VERY IMPORTANT ◾

      For years now, We've helped organizations secure data base, so many sites USES US AS SECURITY BACK UP TEAM BECAUSE OF OUR METHODS OF HANDLING CYBER MISHAPS.
      🆗"CLEAR CRIMINAL RECORDS" 99%
      🆗"iPHONE HACK" 99%
      🆗"BINARY RETRIEVAL" 99% AND LOT MORE BEEN DONE IN SHORT TIMING!

      these are significant EXPERIENCES & RECORDS a good and effectively fully recognized organization must firmly ascertain.

      ◾OUR "AIMS" HERE ◾
      Are:
      1◾to assign a qualified agent of specific rank to particularly any sort of cyber issues you intend dealing with in short and accurate timing.

      2◾ to screen in real hackers (gurus only) in need of job with or without a degree, to speed up the availability of time given for Job contracts given to us.!!

      Thus an online binary decoding exam will be set for those who seeks employment under the teams Establishment.
      write us on:
      ◾ProtocolhacksATgmailDOTcom or
      ◾CybershieldnotchATgmailDOTcom

      COREY ROD,
      SIGNED...!
      Thank you!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm selling Western Union , Bank and Paypal Transfers all over the world. I'm getting much stuff through emails but also have a big experience in botnets etc. I've got 5 western union main computers data with the help of a strong botnet. Now I can change the info of a WU MTCN and can redirect any payment on any name. Simply I change the receiver name and country and payment goes to that person to whom i want to send. If anyone want to make big and instant money than contact me for deal.
      Info needed for WU Transfers :-

      1: First Name
      2: Last Name
      3: City
      4: Country

      Price List For WU Transfer:

      $1500 Transfer = $150 Charges
      $2000 Transfer = $300
      $3500 Transfer = $450
      $4500 Transfer = $500
      $5500 Transfer = $600

      Terms & Conditions :

      A person can take transfer once in a week and maximum 2 times in a month .

      If anyone want to do regular business with me then you must have many bank accounts,paypal,money bookers and fake ids for western union because after 2 or 3 transfers your paypal and Wu ids can be black listed or banned. So think before deal. Make big transactions and get a side and give other peoples chance or try to gather many fake accounts and work with me on regular basis.

      You can Contact us 24/7

      Email – Westernunionofficial.service@gmail.com

      ICQ – 728 446 133

      Delete
  2. I have identical twin 11 year old boys and I feel the same way! I do want them to stay really close, mine have such a great bond. I want them to celebrate this blessing they have, but I also realize they are two unique and wonderful individuals. It's easy to just do double of everything. Same toys, same clothes, same sports, same hobbies. But as they get older they want to be different. This is a good reminder to release from the oneness, grouping them together, comparing them...thank you for your insight into your own childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need to hire a real hacker to help spy on your partner's cell phone remotely, change your grades or boost your credit score. Contact this helpline 347.857.7580 or the email address expressfoundations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever been curious of what your partner, kids or employees are up to? You can now intercept cell phones, boost credit scores and hack any website remotely. All you need to do is contact a verified hacker Email: extremeinfiltrators@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, if you want to hack into your spouse messages, emails, social messages, phone and other means of communication, contact at cybernetprotection@gmail.com. We are on of the best hacker so far and very affordable. Contact cybernetprotection@gmail.com and be careful, don't be deceived by fake people all around. you could text us on +14109819606

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confront your cheating spouse with evidence, i was able to spy on my cheating ex phone without finding out.....
    it really helped me during my divorce ...you can contact cyberprofessionalhacker@gmail.com call and for
    spying and hacking social networks, school servers, icloud and much more, viber chats hack, Facebook messages and
    yahoo messenger, calls log and spy call recording, monitoring
    SMS text messages remotely, cell phone GPS location tracking, spy on Whats app Messages,CYBERPROFESSIONALHACKER@GNAIL.COM
    his services are AFFORDABLE

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are in need of a great hacker to help you spy at your spouse to know who he really is contact ethicalhacking618@gmail.com, he hacks into deleted record, improve credit score, spy on whats-app, text, phone, emails, as long as it's hack am 100% sure you will get results because he has also worked for me and i got results tell him i referred you to him contact: ETHICALHACKING618@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Atención
    Aquí hay una buena noticia para los interesados. No se puede ganar dinero sin contacto de estrés (MARTINS PEDRO) por un [ATM CARD] en blanco hoy y estar entre los afortunados que se están beneficiando de estas tarjetas. Esta tarjeta ATM en blanco PROGRAMMED es capaz de piratear cualquier cajero automático, en cualquier parte del mundo. Obtuve mi tarjeta de cajero automático ya programada y eliminada para retirar el máximo de $ 10,000 por día durante un máximo de 30 días a través de {martinshackers22@gmail.com}.Estoy muy contento con esto porque obtuve el mío la semana pasada y lo he usado para obtener $ 140,000.00 MARTINS PEDRO Hackers está entregando la tarjeta solo para ayudar a los pobres y necesitados y también OFRECE ASISTENCIA FINANCIERA. Obtenga el suyo de los piratas informáticos MARTINS PEDRO hoy. Sírvase ponerse en contacto con él por correo electrónico martinshackers22@gmail.com ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Attention
    Here is a good news for those interested. There is away you can earn money without stress contact (MARTINS PEDRO) for a blank [ATM CARD]today and be among the lucky ones who are benefiting from this cards. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $10,000 daily for a maximum of 30 days via {martinshackers22@gmail.com}.I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $140,000.00 MARTINS PEDRO Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy and he ALSO OFFER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. Get yours from MARTINS PEDRO Hackers today. Kindly contact him by Email martinshackers22@gmail.com....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you suspecting your partner of cheating or having an extramarital affair?
    I'll advice you to get proof first before confronting him/her. As that could result in unnecessary confusion in your relationship or marriage. it's always advisable to consult a professional hacker to help you get concrete evidence by discreetly getting access to their phone or computer. WORLDWIDEWEBHACK11@GMAIL.COM he has worked for me a couple of times and he never disappoints. he provides Accurate results and can be trusted for 100% privacy and really affordable fees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Confront your cheating spouse with evidence, i was able to spy on my cheating

    ex phone without finding out.....it really helped me during my divorce ...you

    can contact (HACKINTECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.COM) call and text (669) 225-2253 OR GOOGLE HANGOUT HACKINTECHNOLOGY@GMAIL.COM for

    spying and hacking social networks, school servers, icloud and much more,

    viber chats hack, Facebook messages and yahoo messenger, calls log and spy

    call recording, monitoring SMS text messages remotely, cell phone GPS

    location tracking, spy on Whats app Messages, his services are AFFORDABLE

    .................................... ONLY GOD CAN THANK HIM FOR ME

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should have enough reasonable proof before you confront your cheating partner. Make use of professional service to grab all their phone calls, chat/email history.Their services are highly rated because they did a great job for me, you can reach them at : Nullantrax2017 at OUTLOOK dot Com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This might not directly answer your question but i’m sure it would help you a lot.. No one deserves to be cheated on, especially when your full loyalty lies with the betrayer of your trust. Initially, I thought I was just feeling insecure when my husband would just be on his phone at odd hours, until I decided to take a chance to know, knowing is better than self doubts and it was exactly what happened when I employed the services of this particular guy(cyberguru@GMAIL.COM) I came across by chance to help check his phone out thoroughly. Now I know when he’s telling the truth and how to curtail him, I think it is not a drastic step if it'll make you feel better. My life got better, I stopped using my precious time to bother about his indiscretions and channeled my energy positively. His services includes: phone call hacks,messages,contacts,social media(viber, whatsapp,facebook, kik e.t.c),emails,Gallery and videos hack,gps location tracking,calendars and reminders.. You can reach him through his email.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you suspect your spouse of cheating? OR are you being overly paranoid or seeing signs of infidelity?.Then I can guarantee he sure is cheating. I was in that exact same position when I was referred to WORLDWIDEWEBHACK11@GMAIL.COM through my best friend carmella who helped me hack into my boyfriend’s phone, it was like a miracle when he helped me clone my boyfriend’s phone and I got first-hand information from his phone. Now I get all his incoming and outgoing text messages, emails, call logs, web browsing history, photos and videos, instant messengers(facebook,whatsapp,bbm,IG etc) , GPS locations, phone tap to get live transmissions on all phone conversations..
    If you need help contact him on WORLDWWIDEWEBHACK11@GMAIL.COM
    You can also call him or send him a text on: +1 914 506 8695

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you really need a professional hacker to hack your cheating boyfriend's/girlfriend's/spouse phone, whatsapp, facebook, bank account hack etc. Or credit score upgrade, I would recommend

    ETHICALHACKERS009@GMAIL.COM
    WHATSAPP +18456436145

    He has proven to be trustworthy, His jobs are fast and affordable. He has carried out over 3 jobs for me including helping me hack my ex wife's mobile phone and i can't forget when he cleared my credit card debts and improved my credit score to 750. I can put my money on him at anytime!. He's one of the best out there. Spreading the word as my little favor to him for all he's done. Thank me later.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Saw A Post Online Talking About A Guy Who Helped A Lady Got Proofs From Her Cheating Partners Phone,Without Any Physical Touch Which Means It Was Done Remotely,I Then Tried It Out And To My Surprise He Blew Me Off With The Very Type Of Results I Needed I Was Able To See My Cheating Spouse Whatsapp Messages Snapchat Messages Facebooks Messages And See Her Call Logs And Also Listen To Her Incoming Calls As Well You Should Give Him A Try Also Contact Him On through email “Whitehatspytech@cyberservices.com” For Any Type Of Hack.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As a business inclined individual I hated just staying home, saving all my pensions and not being able to make use of it to make more money so I went on looking for an investment, I tried binary options and forex, lost some money to that and took sometime off the online investment thing and after a while I stumbled on a so called investor guru. I invested lot of money with him and never got my money back. I read on an article of Mr. Fahad Waleed and contacted him and the rest is history. contact him and get your lost BTC or money back.

    Fahad-waleed64@cyber-wizard.com

    ReplyDelete