Sunday, June 1, 2014

June Currently



As I was blog hopping tonight I came across Oh' Boy 4th Grade and her June Currently post. I've never participated before and thought it would be a great way to see new blogs! Thanks for the link up! 


Listening:  Hubby and I are on a Castle kick. We try not to watch it when the kids are up so every night at 9:00 we start cramming in the next episode. I love the dialogue between Castle and Kate. If you haven't given Castle a try head over to Amazon prime and start watching. 

Loving: That I have 5 days till summer break!!!!! I can't tell you how excited this makes me. This has been the school year that wouldn't end. Snow day after snow day....I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see the end of school. 

Thinking: Lately all I can think about is moving to 4th. It's exciting and scary at the same time. Michelle and I have started working on mapping things out for next year. Working with your BFF is such a plus. 

Wanting: I had Orange Leaf for the first time a few months back. I'm hooked. The closest one to me is about 30 minutes away and with gas at $4.00 a gallon I can't justify driving that far just for frozen yogurt. I really wish they delivered. 

Needing: We moved into our new house 2 years ago. Last summer I was so busy moving schools that I didn't give the yard much thought. This year I've started planting perennials but I have a loooong way to go. I have a peony bush that I just planted that's not looking so great at the moment. I think I may have over watered it....any tips on how to help it back? 

Bucket List: I am moving classrooms for the 4th time! Hopefully this will be my last. I'd love to paint and make it my own but I can't decide what to do. I love Maria's classroom from Kinder-Craze. I love how open and airy everything looks. As of right now I'll have 29 students in the fall and I'm just now sure how to make my room open with that many desks. Thoughts? 

Michelle and I have started working on mapping out next year's curriculum. We are changing how we teach. While we think this is best it also means a lot of work on our part. We are revamping Reading, Writing, Math, Science and Social Studies. It's a huge project but oh so worth it.

Enjoy the last days of the school year friends! Take time to relax this summer and enjoy every minute. We deserve it! 

-Tracy 

3 comments:

  1. It is great to find another 4th grade teacher! I found you on the linky! I agree, it is wonderful to teach with good friends. I am blessed to teach with 3 wonderful friends!

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to go to Orange Leaf! ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlie, four moves in four years! Bless your heart. I've never heard of Orange Leaf...but I Googled it and there is one about 20 minutes away. It's on my summer to-do list :-)
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete