Sunday, April 13, 2014

Exciting Times!

Mrs. South here....

I am delighted to officially announce that I am moving to 4th grade next year! I will be teaching 4th grade with Mrs. Moon. I can't tell you how exciting it is to know that I'm going to be teaching side by side with my best friend. Instead of planning together and adapting to meet our grade level standards we will now be planning for the same lessons!

Having taught preschool, kindergarten, first, and second it's a little scary to be jumping to 4th.

For one, they are bigger than me. If I'm wearing the right kind of shoes I'm 5'3". Looks like Michelle will finally get me to embrace heels.

I'm thinking these would be a fantastic start to my collection.
I have spent the last 3 years teaching phonics, fluency, and getting my students to be strong readers. Jumping grade levels to 4th will be a big jump for me. I'm hoping to attend the Reading, Writing, Math and More  conference this summer to help me prepare and get my mind into 4th grade mode. Is anyone else attending?

Moving to 4th grade means I will be moving classrooms for the 4th time! I know it's crazy but I'm looking forward to this. I'm hoping to paint and to do a new classroom theme. I've been busy working on creating Super Hero themed items. I have a few more items on my To-Do list but then I will be set. 

As for painting, I'm thinking of bright colors that make all my Super Heros pop. Hopefully I'll know what room I'm moving into early in the summer so that I can get things sorted instead of running around like a crazy person in August. 

I have 40 days left in second grade...then the Dynamic Duo will be the 4th Grade Dynamic Duo. I'm thinking we need t-shirts or costumes. 





Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment