Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Scoop 2-22-15

You can follow Tracy at her new blog: The Knit Wit Teacher



Thanks to Teaching Trio for hosting the weekly Sunday Scoop.







Lesson plans - Southern Indiana was hit with 6-8 inches of snow with an added layer of ice for fun this past week. We missed the entire week of school. Don't get me wrong, I like a day home unplanned just like the next girl but not right before ISTEP (Indiana's Mandatory State Testing). Our test is a whopper this year and has brought about a lot of heated discussion at the state level. It's a tad bit stressful to be completely honest. This week we have to administer the practice test which will take up a lot of my time. I just want to teach. Not teach a test.

Laundry - This mommy has been sick all week. I'm at least thankful that I was sick while stuck at home. Due to being in bed all week I didn't do any cleaning or laundry. I'm sure you can image the state of my house with my husband and 4 children being in charge. It's scary.

Blogilates - I've stuck with my New Year's goal of working out. I really am enjoying all the blogilates videos on YouTube. I can change up the area of my body I want to work on each day or I can focus on one area at a time. I've also been doing the 30 Day Butt Lift Challenge. I'm pleased to say that 22 days into the challenge I can notice a difference. (My hubby can too)    ;)

Kindle - In December I started the Kindle Unlimted Free Trial. Best. Thing. Ever!!!! For $10 a month I can read a ton of books using Kindle Unlimited. Now, you won't find every author in the Kindle Unlimited section but I've discovered a lot of new authors that I'm really enjoying. If you like a good romance try the Sullivan series. I was pleasantly surprised by this series.

Shopping - This doesn't really need an explanation at all. I'm in the mood for spring. I'm taking the "If you dress for it, it will come" approach. :)

Lemon Bars - I don't even like lemon but these lemon bars are to die for and Oh So Yummy. Try them out and let me know if you like them.

Have a great week!
-Tracy



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blogilates reccomendation! I hope you're feeling better :)
    I know how you feel about being behind with the snow days - so nice to relax but stressful to catch up!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of blogilates until now. Wow!! We rarely have a snow day. We have days with 'all buses cancelled'. The schools remain open and I end up with about five students. Good luck with the test prep. Sorry you have to go through that. Have a great week!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't have school here all week in Southern Virginia. I think we may even start off with a delay tomorrow, but haven't heard yet. Laundry is awful... I hate it! Hope you are feeling better!!

    Haley
    Owls and Lessons, Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same laundry boat with you. It doesn't do itself, unfortunately. I'll check out the book you mentioned. I like a romance every once in awhile to change things up. I also read on my kindle and have kindle unlimited. I love it! Happy reading!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete